Monday, October 28, 2013

Winter Activities in Wayne County

It may not officially be winter yet but with the temperatures dropping down to the 30’s lately, I’m already looking for some winter activities to do in Wayne County. This year has seemed to go by quite quickly and I can’t believe it’s almost November already!

In preparation for the cold weather up ahead, I’m compiling a list of 50 fun winter activities in Wayne County. With the help of our social media followers, blog readers, and locals I am working towards the goal of having a list of activities that will cure the winter blues.

I’ll start the list off with one of my favorites: Sledding at Roosevelt Hill in Glen Miller Park. Growing up, this was always a must do in our house. We would often bundle up in our warm coats, throw on a couple layers of socks along with our snow boots and head out the door on our way to the park. Upon arrival you can enjoy the sounds of laughing children and the ear shattering screams as they make their way to the bottom of the hill. My favorite memory of sledding here was when we had my mother go down the hill when I was younger and she managed to sled all the way to the bottom of the hill and over the road down below. Great memories are made during this activity!


I am enlisting the help from all our social media followers, blog readers and Wayne County locals to help us complete this list. Send your favorite winter time activities to communications@visitrichmond.org or leave a comment on our facebook https://www.facebook.com/visitrichmondin . The best will be chosen and added to a new Winter Activities brochure that can be handed out to visitors who are looking for something fun to do in the cold. A select few answers will be chosen to win a small prize based on their creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment