Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice!


Tooth cavities are the worst diagnosis for dessert lovers everywhere.  It is the greatest offense to be told you have a cavity.  To those with a sweet tooth being told you have a cavity is the equivalent of being told you can’t have air.  Not the ideal scenario!  So imagine my sheer agony as I walked into the dentist’s office, knowing I had at least two cavities!  As I sit in that chair, dreading the horrid news, I shuddered as I thought about life without sweets.  The dentist strolled, obviously oblivious to my inner meltdown.  He did what dentists do best and looked at my teeth for several minutes.  It felt like years to me.  Finally, he spoke.  “Everything looks great! You don’t have any cavities, but maybe a slight sweet sensitivity!” 

So this morning, after “properly” brushing my teeth with my new special, sensitivity toothpaste, I decided for a sweet breakfast.  I ventured west, into the lovely town of Centerville.  I stopped at the quaint, family-owned Cinnamon Spice Bakery (first time, mind you).  I was amazed at the variety of fresh donuts they had!  Éclairs, twists, and the really good-looking kind that I don’t know what their name is!  Of course, éclairs are my favorite, so I got one of those!  But not only were there donuts in this bakery, but they also had noodles, fudge, cake pops, apple fritters, gourmet popcorn, and much more!  And the cost was just as beautiful as the donut was delicious!  $0.86 for my long, delectable donut!  Best money I’ve ever spent!  I will definitely be heading back soon…right after I brush my teeth again! 

If you want to check the bakery out for yourself head west through Centerville.  It will be on the right! 

Cinnamon Spice Bakery
6884 National Rd. W.
765-855-3344
cinnamonspicebakery.com

Brooke is a junior at Indiana University East, studying Nursing. She works at Reid Hospital & Health Care Services in the Food & Nutrition Department; and, also at the Richmond/Wayne County Tourism Bureau.  She enjoys spending time with friends and family and exploring the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment